Thursday, May 6, 2010

Clint's Update

Sorry I haven't done an update for a while on Clint's condition. Nothing much has changed just a slow and steady recovery. So he has been trying to walk on his leg the last week and a half and he has been doing pretty good. We went to the doctor today, they took a x-ray and everything looks great. They are going to send him to physical therapy to help restore his range of motion and muscle. (That is if I can convince him to go, he is pretty stubborn) Things are healing up nicely and I just can't believe how blessed we are. I am continually grateful for all the support from family and friends. So I m pretty sure he will go back to work full-time next week, we will see how it all goes. He definately still has aches and pains but I think he is working through them just fine. I have to say he isn't complaining that much and he has been helping around the house, so he has to be feeling somewhat better.
I just can't believe where we have been in the last two months. Sometimes I try to forget about what I saw and felt at the time of the accident. I think I have a hard time even now coping with what could have been the outcome of all of this. However, when I sit back and look at the experience I have learned so much about me and all those around me. I realized how blessed I am to have such a sweet husband, who treats me like a queen, who would do anything for me at anytime, who makes me laugh, who is always showing me how to be a better parent and person, who does everything to make me happy. I realized that when I feel helpless there is only one person to turn to, Heavenly Father. I realized how much he knows me and what I can and can't handle. I realized that He is the only one that really made me feel comforted. I realized that when you need your family and friends they are there for you. I realized that even if you aren't close to certain friends or family, it doesn't matter, you can still show you care. I realized that life is a most precious gift that can be taken when you least expect it. I realized that hard times make relationships stronger. I realized that there is a reason for everything, and though I consitantly feel bad that Clint had to go through this, I am definately better for it. I realized what a blessing it is to walk. I realized that good health is a priceless gift. I realized not to sweat the small stuff, little problems come and go, but don't make a big deal out of them, life is for loving and enjoying eachother.

10 comments:

  1. Well said Patrice. You're so strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So well stated. Thank you so much for sharing these thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear everything is healing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that he is doing so much better! It has got to be so nice for both of you to have him a little closer to normal. Hopefully he will give in to physical therapy.
    Thank you for sharing all of your thoughts! You are so amazing, I am so glad you are my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. patrice, that is a beautiful testimony of what you have learned from this experience! you are so unbelievably strong. thanks for sharing what you have learned through all of this!! glad all is well with you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I think you need to MAKE him go to physical therapy. When I couldn't walk well after I had Brooke I put it off for so long, but once I went and started doing the exercises they gave me it was amazing how fast my strength started coming back. :)
    And you are such a strong person. I'm so glad that things are going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I needed to read that today. Thanks for strengthening me today. You're an amazing gal:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Patrice geez you guys have been through a lot! Thanks for the update. Hope he continues to get better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well put Patrice!! I am so glad to hear Clint is doing better. What an amazing person you are and I am so happy you and Clint found each other!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patrice I'm so glad things are going well for you and Clint. I think about you guys often. Your little family is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete