My good friend introduced me to this. It is awesome. So here is the deal, most of americans don't get the fruits and vegetables needed in their daily diet, including me and my family. I feel like that is one thing that I stress about as a Mom of three little ones and one big kid. I always feel like it is a good day if my kids get one serving of vegetables, which is honestly HORRIBLE. Also, I find it a struggle for me to eat healthy when I am home. By the time I feed my kids breakfast, clean up, I never want to make me anything, so I just eat a bunch of crap. So I went to a class held at Good Earth in Sandy and I was really converted. She discussed the many benefits of eating "food from the earth" fruits and vegetables.1. helps your digestive system
2. can help loose weight
3. make you have more energy
4. help with mental illness and general sickness
And tons more, however, those were the benifits that really interested me. So we have started the green smoothie diet. We don't drink the full amount she recommends, which is 2 quarts, but Clint and I drink 2-3 cups which ends up being, 3 servings of veggis and 3 servings of fruits. The Kids drink one cup, which they actually really like.
So when I introduced it to the kids I showed them a little HULK toy and had them notice how tuff he was and told them that just like the HULK is green, this smoothie is green and if we want to get tuff like the HULK we need to drink our HULK SHAKES. So they agreed and they love it. So over all we like it, the only bad think is the gross looking mustaches when the kids are done...haha
That is awesome.
ReplyDeleteI love it! Nice job! The green smoothie mustaches are my favorite! I always have to get pictures of those... they are not gross. :)
ReplyDelete