One of my very favorite things we do. It reminds me why I love being a Mom so much. Every month we rotate and we take out one of the kids. SO last month I decided to take Bode to Classic Roller Skating and Bounce Land. It was a blast! I thought it would be easy to hop back on roller skates, I used to go disco skating in High School...but it wasn't so easy. Pretty much Bode and I just fell all over each other. I was trying to hold him up so he made me fall. It was funny and a lot harder than I remember, but we will keep trying. He really wanted to go in the Bounce Playland, which is way cool (except I couldn't stop thinking about how nasty it was). We got some pizza and some cotton candy, with some great one on one time. It was good for our relationship for sure.
This month I took Raini and it was way fun. I gave her the option of the Weber State Basketball game or shopping (secretly hoping she would pick shopping). She came through and chose shopping. So we went to Target and I told her she could get something new and she started putting clothes in the cart and kept saying we will go try it on. So we did she tried a lot of stuff , there were a couple of things she liked, but after I talked her out of the mickey mouse shirt we went with a cute skirt. So after Target she wanted to know what the next store was and the next. We went shopping for about THREE HOURS! I really couldn't believe that she could hang for that long, but she did and she loved it. She was a blast.
When I take the time to really listen and play with my kids I realize how great there are and how I am living my dream....
I LOVE your last sentence. I feel like that, too; when I take the time to enjoy my kids, I realize I am living my dream.
ReplyDeleteFun dates. Sounds like Raini is following well in her mama's footsteps! :)