Sunday, January 2, 2011

Appendicitis


So I was shopping with my Mom-in-law, Kim, when I had some sharp pains in my stomach. So I mentioned I must have eaten too much my stomach really hurts...Kim said you just need to use the bathroom, I didn't think that was it so we continued on. After she prodded a few more times, I did try, however, nothing. Then after a few more stores it was hurting even more. So I took the thing I hate to take the most,TUMS. Yuck, I mean I would rather sit with a stomach ache then down the TUMS! Well, nevertheless, still no relief. So we were driving home and I remember walking in the door and just standing in the door way not wanting to bend down to take off my boots. I thought I need to get it together, because when I go shopping that means that Clint has had all three kids for a while and when I get home I need to have some sort of energy to help out with the kiddos. Well, the energy I needed wasn't coming I just crawled into the bed and relaxed. I started to feel better, but I hadn't really moved either, so Clint went off to a Priesthood Meeting. So now all alone it was my turn with the kids, not feeling the best, but I have done it before, no big deal. So when the kids needed my help getting out of the tub I went to help and I really couldn't get out of the bed, I couldn't really walk. It was really strange, I felt like my stomach looked 20 weeks pregnant and felt like I was in Labor except that the contractions never stopped. So when I realized I couldn't even pick up the baby I thought I better call Clint. I thought who knows if he even has his phone in the meeting but if I know him he does. My best bet was to text him or e-mail him. So I sent Bode to get my phone and when I got it I found that the battery was dead, and the only charger was in the car that Clint took. So there I was in tons of pain, no phone, three kids half naked, and I needed to get a hold of someone, so I looked out the window to see if the neighbors lights were on and of course they weren't they are always home and tonight they were gone. So I managed to get down the stairs and in the car, kids in pullups and t-shirts and baby in a onesie, it was freezing outside and we were quite a sight. I thought I just need to get down to Janae's who is one of my best friends like three doors down, who happened to just have a c-section like 2 weeks prior. When I was supposed to be helping her I was bombarding her. So I backed out and almost hit the garage, ran over some grass, but I made it. I just couldn't turn the steering wheel because I was holding Dane in one arm and the pain was so bad. I hobbled up the stairs and I just laugh aloud to think of what Janae saw as I hobbled up the stairs and as my kids barely dressed were running into her house. Well I used her phone to text Clint to meet me at her house. He came and I told him it was probably nothing I just needed help with the kids and I needed to lay down. We started to leave and when he realized that I couldn't walk he insisted that we go to the instacare and check things out. So reluctantly we went and got a babysitter and went to the instacare. So after a lot of poking they told me I had appendicitis and I needed to go in for emergency surgery. I tried to laugh, but secretly could not believe it!!! The only thing I could think was it was a good thing it is happening this year, when we have meet our max out of pocket, so the surgery would end up being free for us. So up I went had the surgery, was pretty sick when I came to, stayed a couple of days and was sent home. Thank goodness for my sweet Mom, Lindsey, and mom-in-law because I couldn't have done it without them! So pretty crazy, but it all turned out all right and we are very blessed.

2 comments:

  1. so excited to see some updates! sorry about your surgery...that sounds so horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, geez. When I talked to you about having your appendix out, I didn't know you went through all of that! But I'm glad for you, too, that you didn't have to pay.

    ReplyDelete