Sunday, March 27, 2011

In Memory of Grandma LuWana Pedersen


LuWana B. Pedersen CODY, Wyoming –

LuWana Bradshaw Pedersen, 85, of Cody, Wyoming (formerly of Washington Terrace), died Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at West Park Hospital of natural causes. She was born March 21, 1926 in Logan, Utah, a daughter of James and Valene Bradshaw. She was reared and educated in Wellsville. She married Victor Herald Pedersen on May 13, 1947 in the Logan LDS Temple. She was a loving wife, mother and grandmother. LuWana was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints where she served in various organizations providing service and care to others. She and Victor were members of the Maverick Square Dance Club for over 20 years. She spent hours designing and making square dance dresses. This brought great joy to her life. She was also a talented seamstress and homemaker. She is survived by two daughters and one son, Dixie (Brent) Graham, Layton; Shauna (Mark) Allphin, Cody, WY; Douglas (Kim) Pedersen, South Ogden; 11 grandchildren and 27 great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her parents, husband and four brothers. Funeral services will be held Saturday, March 26 at 11 a.m. at Lindquist’s Ogden Mortuary, 3408 Washington Blvd. Family will meet friends at the mortuary on Saturday from 10 to 10:45 a.m.

Saturday was a special day for the Pedersen family. First of all I have never met Clint's Grandma she has suffered from Alzheimer's for many years and has lived in Wyoming next to her daughter. However, I felt like I knew her from all the stories I have heard. So it was so nice to finally meet her and all of Doug's, Clint's Dad, family. She is definitely in a better place and has waited for this time to be reunited with her Husband and Brothers. It was interesting to hear some of the memories that her Grandchildren had of her. I learned so much about who she was and the traits she had passed down to her children and grandchildren. She was a seamstress, and she made pj pants for onr of the granddaughters friends when she came over to sleepover and forgot her jammies. She loved to bake and was good at it. She always had a freezer full of goodies. She made costumes for the square dancers that she was involved with. She was always really involved with her ward and held various callings. There were many more things said that I found really interesting. Then they had me sing Come thou Fount which I was pretty nervous about and I had practiced but I just didn't know how it would go over. Well it was so amazing cause when I was singing I had an overwhelming feeling come over me and I felt her presence right there with me. I new I was singing to more that just the people I could see. I can't even describe the feelings that I felt. It was unbelievable. I sat down after and couldn't control my emotions, the spirit was so strong. It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment