Sunday, March 27, 2011

Change

So everyone deals with it different. For some it is emotional, others are hateful, others go into shutdown mode, but for me I pretend it doesn't happen until I get used to the idea. So our ward was given new boundaries today and to tell you the truth I am pretty sad about it. Some of my favorite people who I really look up to are in a different ward now and I know we will see them occasionally but it just won't be the same. I am grateful for where I am and for what is to come. I know there is a reason for everything and I am excited to see how it all works out. However, part of me will be thinking about the other half of us that aren't us anymore. Well I guess what i really want to say is thank you for all the people that have been great examples to me and my family! Love you all!!

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there Patrice! I feel your pain. The first time Wilson 1st split was a major shocker and the change was hard for a lot of people. We didn't know how we would function. But then look at what an incredible ward we grew into! Change is definitely hard, but change can definitely bring good things if we just embrace it. The Lord is mindful of us all, and I know your awesome new ward family will flourish, and you'll have lots of opportunities to rub shoulders with those who will no longer be in your ward--you'll see. I'm excited for y'all. I can honestly say I love change, and if you would have asked me that say 4 years ago, I would not be able to say that. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so hard, I totally know what you are going through. It is so hard to know that you won't be as much apart of people's lives and you realize how much you sometimes take friendships you have for granted...but the great thing is it forces you to go out of your way to keep in touch with the people who aren't in your ward! Also so sad to hear about Clint's grandma, she sounds like a great lady. Also sounds like you guys had a lot of fun in Vegas, and your old roommates wedding looked amazing! Hope you guys are doing well, also we need to get together and do our final work-out session, I think we have one more right? Ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about this. I bet Britt can relate cause I know she was heartbroken when this happened to their ward. I got chills when I was reading about you singing at the funeral..I think the veil is a lot thinner than we realize at times. Also, I saw your mum when I was "mall" walking the other day:) I want to come visit again soon, k?

    ReplyDelete