Sunday, March 7, 2010

Update #2...the road to recovery!

We as a family would like to start by thanking everyone for all the love an support that has been given to Clint and Patrice.

As we said on our last post Clint went into surgery Saturday morning to repair the fracture on his Tibia. The doctors originally believed that the repair would require plates and several screws. They were surprised that they only needed a few screws to repair the break. Even though it only took a few screws Clint won't be able to put any pressure on his leg for two months. He will be in a full leg brace the entire two months, and will have to use a wheel chair until his shoulder is better healed up. On that note as far as the doctors can tell his shoulder injury is believed to be a severe separation. Luckily his leg and shoulder injury are on his left side. This is a blessing to know that he will eventually be able to throw a football, and play tennis again. I don't know if we mentioned anything about it last time, but since he came into the hospital they noticed some irregularities with his heart beat. The doctor even asked Patrice if Clint had a pace maker. They have met with a cardiologist and done all kinds of tests, but nothing has been determined yet. They will go back in next week so Clint can receive more tests, as well as get the staples out of his head and the stitches out of his leg. Also his back continues to be a concern, and is causing him the most pain at this time. There is no plan for surgery and the doctors believe that it should eventually heal on its own.

The best news is that late this afternoon Clint's doctors cleared him to go HOME!!! Hopefully it is not premature. Even though he is home Clint is still in a lot of pain, he will be spending most of his time in bed getting rested and recovered. Once he feels well enough to get out of bed he will have mobility issues. He will be dealing with a full leg cast, in a wheel chair and a bum shoulder in a house with nine stairs to every exterior door. Clint knows it will be a long road to recovery, but he is surprisingly optimistic, occasionally even cracking a joke.

Patrice has been so amazing though this whole situation. She was finally able to get a good night's rest after seeing Clint's progress Saturday. Today she is back to her up-beat and positive self. All she can say is "I'm so glad he is still alive." She was also able to see her OBGYN, who reassured her that the baby is doing fine and that she has nothing to worry about there.

Again we would like to express our deep gratitude to those people who have so selflessly stepped up to help them in this time of need. From watching kids, to cleaning their house, to donating money, every little thing is so appreciated. We also recognize the hand of the Lord during this crisis. All the prayers and fasting have been answered, and his recovery up until this point has been nothing less than miraculous.

Love, Pedersen and Knudsen Family

16 comments:

  1. Miraculous, indeed. I am amazed at all the positive steps to recovery! And that is wonderful that Clint is HOME!! So many blessings... Patrice, I'm so happy the baby is doing well. And Clint, sorry about the pain. Hang in there and get some good rest. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad all is well. You have been in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patrice! I am sooo sorry that you and your family had such heart ache! I cried and couldn't imagine what you have been through! I will pray for you and clints continued healing! I stay home if you need a sitter LET ME KNOW! I live by Staci Haupt in Roy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clint and Patrice,
    We are so glad to hear that you are doing better. I don't know if you remember, but my mom broke her back when I was a kid and I remember all the love and support that all our family, friends and ward members showed my family at that time. I honestly don't know what my family would have done without everyone's help. Curtis and I would love to help you guys. If you need help around the house or help with yard work, please don't hesitate to ask. Or anything else for that matter. Patrice here is our phone number (801) 710-2232, please call if we can assist you guys in any way. Our thought and prayers continue to be with you guys.
    Curtis and Windy (Winter) Olson

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so glad to hear that Clint is home! We would also love to help out anyway that we can. I know that Clint has our number but it is 801-668-0404 just in case. Please do not hesitate to call us for any reason. We will still be keeping you in our prayers. Our thoughts and love are with you and your family.
    Love, Tyler and Janika Barfuss
    Tate wanted to say hi too. Get better quick! Football season is just around the corner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patrice, I am so relieved and happy to hear that Clint is home recovering and that the baby is doing well. You are in our thoughts and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ANdy and I were so suprised but so glad that Clint was at home! We are glad that he is on his way up! We love you guys and if you need anything at all we would love to help out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow... great he's going to be okay, sounds like a lot of pain though. we will continue to pray for you guys. good luck w/ all the changes, so happy he's a fighter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patrice and family,

    I'm so sorry to hear about Clint's accident. What a miracle that he's going to be okay. I can't imagine his pain and the anxiety you've experienced.

    You have our prayers too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are so happy Clint is home and that baby is doing well! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to hear it! I hope he recovers quickly and the pain subsides and life is back to normal asap! We pray for your family every day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Patrice! I'm glad that everything is looking up for you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are thrilled to hear that things are getting better and better each day! You know we're just around the corner.... send those kids of yours over anytime! They are both so adorable and we enjoy having them here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy to hear things are getting better! What a miracle....so very happy for you! I am so sorry all of this had to happen to you and your family. We are all thinking and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so glad to hear that Clint is home and doing for the most part really well! You and Patrice have such a beautiful family. Even though it sounds like he is going to have to deal with some recovery time, Clint, Patrice and his family are being watched over and blessed.

    I am glad I heard about this post and will be thinking of your family in my thoughts and prayers!

    Clint is a fighter...he'll get through it!

    Amy Redd Racker

    ReplyDelete